Your Rash Remedy—Doctors Express Portland
Worried and irritated by a painful, itchy and persistent rash? Our Doctors Express medical clinic in Portland, Oregon offers walk-in or by appointment visits with board certified Portland providers.
What’s Causing Your Skin Rash?
- Poisonous plants
- Soaps, detergents, shampoos, cosmetics, lotions and more
- Jewelry or fabrics
- Tools, toys, appliances or other objects
- Viral infections
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Parasite exposure
- Certain diseases
- Chronic skin problems (acne, eczema, psoriasis, etc.)
- Certain medicines
Is Your Skin Rash Serious?
Get urgent care at Doctors Express Portland if you have a rash and one or more of the following symptoms:
- Joint pain, fever or sore throat
- Are taking a new medication
- Home treatment doesn’t work, or your symptoms worsen
- You have redness, swelling or tender areas
- Your rash burns, or is painful, and is on one side of the body only
- It is rapidly spreading, itchy, red-raised or on different parts of your body
- Dizziness and/or difficulty breathing
- Have recently been outdoors and possibly exposed to ticks—small insects that can carry Lyme Disease, a potentially fatal disease