Cystitis also known as a bladder infection is many times caused by a bacterial infection, which is then referred to as a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI.) Cystitis may also be caused by a reaction to certain drugs, radiation therapy, or irritants (ie feminine hygiene spray, spermicidal jellies). Cystitis may also occur as a complication of another illness.
Symptoms of Bladder Infections
- A strong, persistent urge to urinate
- A burning sensation when urinating
- Passing frequent, small amounts of urine
- Blood in the urine (hematuria)
- Passing cloudy or strong-smelling urine
- Discomfort in the pelvic area
- A feeling of pressure in the lower abdomen
- Low-grade fever
In young children, new episodes of accidental wetting may be a sign of a urinary tract infection (UTI) — especially if wetting occurs:
- Both at night and during the day
- Only during the day
- At least once each week
Doctors Express Portland Can Treat Your Bladder Infection
At Doctors Express of Portland, patients can be tested and treated for bladder infections with no appointment. Call us if you have questions, 503-305-6262 or simply come in to our convient location at 17437 Boones Ferry Road in Lake Oswego to find out more about the non-emergency medical services offered at this state-of-the-art clinic.